Monday, December 15, 2014

And Another Christmas Tool Box


This black tool box has been decorated for many different occasions and
it's latest incarnation is lined with burlap, filled with Christmas boughs and 
pinecones and is on display on the breakfast room table.



Tucked against the wall behind it is my vintage black deacon's bench.
See the Santa pillow?  He's wearing a ten gallon hat and cowboy boots
y'all.  My Mother-in-Law bought me that pillow after David and I got 
married and moved to Virginia.  Lee didn't want us to forget our
Texas roots.



I bought this tartan runner at Lord and Taylor's in Houston, back
when they had a store at the Galleria.  I bought it back before David
and I were married over 25 years ago and I used it on the same
farmhouse table back in my apartment in Memorial Creole.  I still
love it and use it every year. 

When David and I were in Houston for Thanksgiving we drove by
my old apartment on Memorial Drive.  Memorial Creole was a
wonderful place to live.  It was a short drive to my office on Post
Oak Boulevard and within an easy bike ride to my then future
in-law's home in Hunters Creek Village.  Sadly, David's parents
are gone now and the lovely big home where David grew up
has been torn down and a McMansion is now in it's place.  When
we went to David's sister's house in Piney Point I hardly recognized
Cindy's street.  So many of the older homes have been replaced by
enormous ones.  Cindy added on to her house, but I was happy to
see that I still recognized the exterior.  Time marches on, and 
things change.  Being the traditionalist I am, I feel a bit sad when
it does, but I was so happy to see that my old apartment complex
has retained all of it's creole charm.  


Bentley and I will be sharing pics of all the tartan in our
family room.  Don't be surprised to see Bentley on every
chair and sofa in that room.  It's his hangout :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


7 comments:

  1. I love your tool box done up for the C'mas holiday dear friend.
    I'm sure Bentley likes it too.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh....I love the tartan runner too!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...my, this is perfect. I am definitely going to make a tool box, box next year. This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the den. I love it all in the breakfast room! I have a tartan tablecloth on my dining table. Of course, I do!!!
    xoxo,
    Me
    Arf, Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Susan. You have a real knack for decorating. Everything is done with such good taste. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!
    Love your decorated tool box. I have been looking for a tool box since the Summer and so far, no dice. I know i will find one sooner or later though.....
    Love the tartan runner... It makes everything looks very warm and cozy!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tool boxes too, can't have too many. I love your tartan runner too, I love plaid of any kind! First time I seen a cowboy Santa, kind of cute. A great Christmas vignette!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...