Wednesday, June 25, 2014

South of Broad


It's hard to believe that the 4th of July is just a little over a week
away.  We are having one heavy thunderstorm after another and
the dark clouds are making it nearly impossible to get any good 
pics of my house and projects, so I decided to devote the next
week taking y'all on mini visits to some of my favorite cities and
towns of this great land.

I have been so very fortunate to travel to so many far off lands
and I have enjoyed so many different cultures and styles, but for
me there is only one place I call home and that is right here in
the USA. Our nation is so diverse in climate, culture and fashion.
There is truly something for everyone to enjoy here.  So let's
start celebrating the beauty we have right here at home.

First stop ~ Charleston, South Carolina in an area known as
"South of Broad".


source

Charleston is the quintessential southern city.  Live Oaks dripping
with moss, palm trees, brick pathways, verandas, long narrow and
shuttered windows.  A city where tradition is revered.  Horse drawn
carriages, sweet tea, delicious sea food.  A city that is both hip and
historic.  Perhaps the most charming area of this city is the section
south of Broad.  I am going to stop talking and let you enjoy this
area on your own.  It is one of our nation's treasures.


source

source

source

source

source

source

source

Charm, elegance, historic significance.  I could go on and on.
One of our treasured southern cities.  From sea to shining sea,
this is a truly great land.

Stay tuned for more special places to love in the USA this
week leading up to Independence Day.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley













4 comments:

  1. Susan - What a darling idea! I would LOVE to go to Charleston. That is one place I've never been and have always dreamed of going. It definitely may be on the bucket list this next year. Thanks for the tour.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely city.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've visited several times. Your beautiful images make me long for a return. Here's to the US of A!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right. Our nation is a very large and diverse one with so many cultures represented and such awesome lands and vistas. One could not see it all to appreciate in a lifetime .We are blessed, aren't we ?

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...