Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throw Back Thursday



I am having one of those days when I feel very nostalgic.
I am blaming it all on Tina from Cherry Hill Cottage.  She
posted the Bee Gee's You Should Be Dancing on her 
Facebook wall and I was transported back to another place
and time.  

Does that happen to you?  I am sure I am not alone.



I think about other places and other days.  I think of friends who
have somehow slipped away from my radar because I have
always had wanderlust and have lived everywhere.  I have 
old friends who have told me that they used up whole pages of
address books because I moved around so often.



A BFF of mine just slipped off my radar.  I have tried to find
her via the internet but to no avail.  Her name was Denise
McGrath and she was from Belfast Northern Ireland.  We 
were both living in the Middle East and we were inseparable.
Denise moved to London, and I went back to the states.  We
saw each other in London when I went over for a visit one
summer and we picked our friendship right back up where
we left off.  After my trip to England was over and I went
back home we stayed in touch via long distance calls.  But
then my townhouse was hit by lightning and everything went
up in smoke including Denise's phone number and address.
I had to stay at a friend's house until I got settled once again
and by then I had a new number and address so I know she 
could not find me either.  She was engaged and planning to
be married so I know her name changed but to what???
Could not remember her fiancee's name and all I did 
remember was that he was a barrister and that Denise had
rented a charming cottage in Henley-on-Thames.  I am sure
she is long gone from that cottage.

So Denise ~ if by any chance you ever read this your old
pal Suzy would love to hear from you!



I hope I have not bored y'all too much.  When I get in one
of these nostalgic moods I can just go on and on.  I 
inherited that trait from my grandmother.  She just loved
talking about good times from the past.  

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.  I am going back to painting
furniture in Mom's room.  I am getting really excited about the
progress and am so anxious to show you what I have been
up to.

Bentley ~ don't sniff that paint can too closely or you
will get Provence Blue on your nose!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley










8 comments:

  1. In this day and age it should be easy to find someone but that's not always true. Do you know what school or college she went to. That might be something to look into. I hope that you find her. Keep Bentley out of that paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bee Gees! No better - get ya movin' music ! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are able to connect to your friend. You have a good chance here on the internet. Love your flowers, too! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little pink cup and saucer. Hope you find your friend
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Susan.....I've been trying to find a friend from my past, too. Haven't seen her since 1966...... You should put your story on FB just as you wrote it above and ask people to please share it. Might reach her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy~ I like your nick name. '-) It's sad to loose touch with friends across the miles. I recently reconnected with Sarah Lugg, an English artist. I had totally lost contact, but by chance wrote to someone we once knew in common. A few weeks later I had an email from her. Happy, Happy! She is now living in the US. Imagine that!
    Your images have me dreaming. Just gorgeous, "Suzy"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you are doing with your mom's room. I have a few friends that I have not been able to track down. Facebook seems to work the best, also just google their name and see what comes up. I hope you find each other.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...