Monday, July 22, 2013

Painting a Jelly Cabinet



This jelly cabinet has been on my back porch for a long time.  I have
been using it to store old linens.  Before it gets loaded onto the moving
truck I decided to give it some updating.





The exterior was barn red with a cupboard blue interior.  
Very primitive.




So to refresh it, I painted it inside and out with a color called
Heavy Cream.  As you can see, I painted the punched tin and
the hinges as well.





It has a bit of a greenish tint in these pics, but in actual fact it is cream.
I lined the shelves with a vintage looking fabric I had left over from
a craft job.





So now I have a fresh new spot to store vintage kitchen linens.
Well that's enough of a fun break for me.  It's back to getting ready for
our move.

Happily Joining ~



Bentley  ~  your groomer Tina is coming to groom you one last time
before we move to Texas.  Be on your best behavior!  I hope that
I can find a groomer in Victoria who is an sweet and as patient as Tina
has been.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




20 comments:

  1. Love the redo, looks lovely with the fabric liners, too. Guess you're counting down the days to the move, best wishes for a great new groomer.

    Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Susan!! It came out beautiful!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan it came out beautiful. I like what you did to it. Guess your getting excited about the move and Bentley will be spiffy for the move. Can hardly wait to see your new home.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fresh and pretty cream colour and the lovely fabric on the shelves. It's amazing the difference a coat of paint can make!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cabinet in cream! Also that fabric you lined the shelves with is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan! It's hard to even believe that is the same piece! You completely transformed it.

    Isn't paint just amazing sometimes?

    Well done, love how you "dressed it up" for the move too.

    You will find it a happy piece where you get to where you're headin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it, it is so pretty and it looks amazing with a lighter color. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute little cabinet!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks just perfect, Susan, it has a whole new life! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gave that cabinet such a great update and it looks so vintage.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely update! You have it decorated so pretty, too! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a red cupboard with punched tin panels, too. Now I know it will look fabulous if I ever decide to paint it white. I love the fresh new look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Can't wait for a god of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great..so refreshed..good job..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, your jelly cupboard looks so fresh and new ~ just in time for your move. Love it ~ Bentley, give your groomer goodbye kisses. She has kept you in wonderful shape. You always look so cute. (oh sorry manly ;-)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was nice before but the white is better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cabinet and all the goodies inside...so cute!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cream color...it turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love everything on it painted that creamy white, it looks fabulous! Good luck with your move!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...