Sunday, April 7, 2013

In Memory of Lilly


This weekend we lost a fashion icon.

Lilly Pulitzer 1931 - 2013

Lilly could have just lived a life of ease, yet she chose to
live a life of design and creativity.

She gave us a sense of fun and frivolity with her
timeless happy fashions.  She did not take life too seriously
and neither should we.









Easy elegance.





Flirty and fun.





At home.





On campus.
By the way Mom ~ where is my pledge paddle???





On the golf course.




At the beach.




And on our men ~ well trust me, my hubby has lots
of bravado and would love these pants!



Thanks for the memories dear Lilly.
Your legacy will live on for years to come.

Bentley ~ where is your pink and green?

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley










4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with her prints long ago. One year I made a patchwork quilt with bits and pieces of her fabrics. No one did it better than she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Susan, I am sorry to say I have never heard of Lilly Pulitzer.....but I am going to "look her up" on the internet as I love her mix of colours. The pinks and greens look fabulous together. Mmm, I don't think my husband would wear those pink and green trousers nowadays, but he certainly would of when he was a very fashion conscious teenager in the 1960's.
    Thank you for introducing me to Lilly.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - Her style and prints will go down in history. They are so recognizable anywhere and on anything!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister has so many of her sandals, I thought at one point we were going to have to do an intervention. :)
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...