Monday, March 4, 2013

My New Beach Cottage Minis


Those of you who follow this blog know that my newest passion
is tweaking dollhouse miniatures.  On Saturday my "sister" Robin
The Decorating Tennis Girl (no she's not really my sister, but that's
another post) were looking online at real estate in Rockport, Texas and 
Tybee Island, GA from the comfort of our little cottages in Idaho and
Illinois.  We were emailing links to each other of some of our
favorites when I suddenly thought ~ why not create my own  mini
beach cottage???



I took a miniature mahogany stained buffet and painted it, shabbied it up and let
my imagination fly.  I grabbed my polymer clay and created a little platter and
some starfish too.  After they baked in the oven and cooled, I painted a fish
on the platter.





I used a mini chalkboard over the buffet in place of a mirror or
painting.  Oh and I lined all of the drawers with this cute
aqua and white dotty fabric.





Here is one of my starfish and that little screened door I showed
you the other day.



A little burlap throw rug.  Be sure to shake the sand off your
feet before entering ;-)




Can't you just feel the ocean breeze?

Happily Joining ~



Bentley ~ just think of all the money we saved your daddy by
creating our own mini beach cottage!  We are always thinking
of ways to keep him happy ~ don't you agree?  Bentley is
nodding yes.  Really he is!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




21 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ~ how cute and the colours are just fabulous. Everything just says Let's go to the beach~!
    I just love the aqua. You are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mini beach cottage decor! I agree, what a great way to save money...just build a mini version. My hubby would love that way of thinking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The attention to detail is wonderful. Love the color, just to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal! Absolutely darling. The colors are just perfect. I have a beach-themed sunroom that might need a mini beach cottage. Keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I'm lovin' anything turquoise these days, so I really want your minis in full-size somewhere in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what fun ! I still have itty bitties waiting to be painted. (())

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute ! Love the fresh colour ! I can see your having fun with it all ! Thanks for sharing . Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo adorable! Honestly, from the first picture I didn't even see that it was a miniature until I started reading.

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you building a beach house to go with the furniture that would be fun.
    Merle.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the getaway!! You are escaping to the beach in your own way! That's probably the only way I'd ever have a beach house. LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! How fun to have a dollhouse to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little mini beach cottage. I can almost smell the ocean. (Never mind, its the fish I cooked for dinner)
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not believe the detail you do with your miniatures. The beach theme is so cute. I can not wait to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess if you can't get to the beach, or get away cottage, CREATE YOUR OWN, just like you do. Really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh CRAP i forgot to shake off the sand...do you have a broom ? So sorry...next time I'll remember! Meanwhile I love this and that is why I got all excited and forgot to wipe my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so clever. I totally adore all of your creations. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything, but the beach sign is such a simple yet effective idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's miniature? How fun! And yes, I feel right at home with it; it's very beachy. Love the screen door. Too cute.
    Liz @ Quirky Vistas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your minis are so cute!! Great tiny details. You are bringing miniatures to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your beach sign & cottage miniatures! Turquoise is one of my favorite colors! Beautiful!
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...