Thursday, February 18, 2010

Longing for Spring


This is the back of my parent's house. When my parents first moved here to Idaho to be close to us, there was no sun room, nor pergola on the back. My father, always the amateur architect, designed the sun room to take advantage of the lovely pond behind the house. My husband built the sun room and later added the pergola. This shot was taken last spring when everything was so fresh and green. We are very proud of this room because it won a first place design award. I will be taking some interior shots and posting them soon.

Daddy now has Alzheimer's and is confined to the house most of the time. This room has been a blessing because he can enjoy the lovely pond while in the comfort of this cheerful room. When the weather warms up, he'll be able to go out and feed the ducks and geese again.


7 comments:

  1. If I had to be home bound, I can't think of a more beautiful place to be. What a lovely home it is!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad did an amazing job designing that sun room and your husband did an amazing job bringing it to life. I'm sure that spot brings much joy to your dad. dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would loooove to have a room like this especially if it came with that beautiful view!!! What a wonderful home for your Dad to spend his days in...I hope we get to see a picture of him feeding his ducks & geese this summer! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an absolutely gorgeous room! I can't wait to see the photos from the inside! Your father must certainly enjoy this space!
    have a wonderful and safe weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful Design and I am sure your Father is happy with this as his special place to be at this particular time in his life... well done to your husband for creating his dream room.

    wishing you a good weekend..
    Brenda xhugx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and for your lovely comment. I love your parents house, it's so different from the style we have here and I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior.
    Have a great week.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, gorgeous home! The pond, oh my gosh...would I love to have that view. Your dad is very lucky to live in such a serene, comfortable place!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...